Most franchise agreements are long-term engagements. They have a term of anywhere from 5 to 10 to even 20 years. Franchises – whether, you are a franchisor or franchisee,are a long-term relationship. And like any relationship, there will be conflict at some point – major or minor.
At Lusthaus Law, our long history representing franchisors and franchisees in transactions and disputes, make us particularly knowledgeable in structuring optimal franchise relationships and in resolving conflicts arising from:
- Fraud claims in the sales process;
- Renewal agreement disputes;
- Non-Competition agreement disputes;
- Franchise encroachment claims;
- Advertising and marketing fund disputes;
- Breach of contract claims including those relating to site selection and support; and
- Trademark and trade dress cases.
For those times when a dispute cannot be resolved without formal process such as mediation, litigation or arbitration, Lusthaus Law works closely with clients to secure results that best meet their needs and to help them resolve conflicts wherever they occur by tapping into our relationships with experienced franchise and business litigators nationwide.
If you have a dispute with your franchisor or franchisee, contact us to discuss your rights and obligations and the options you may have to resolve that dispute. Be prepared. Let’s talk about your business and franchise needs. Call Lusthaus Law at 914-265-4100 for appropriate, accessible legal advice and counsel.