Lusthaus Law counsels individuals, small businesses, and global enterprises investing in franchise operations. Whether you are acquiring a single location or a multi-store, geographically dispersed operation, Lusthaus Law will advise you at every step of your engagement, uncovering potential risks, explaining franchisee/franchisor obligations, and protecting your rights as a franchisee.
Franchisee clients rely on our vast experience representing single-unit, multi-unit, and multi-state franchisees in the development and operation of their franchises. They count on our careful review of disclosure documents, franchise agreements, and our commitment to press forward in negotiations with an eye towards their best interests.
At Lusthaus Law, we know that buying a franchise can be an effective way to fast-track your business ownership dream. The key is understanding your potential risks, your rights, and your obligations. For more than 20 years, we have guided franchisees to the best possible franchise agreements by delivering a full repertoire of franchise-related and general business services.
Our services include:
- Franchise Disclosure Document Review
- Area Development Agreement Review and Negotiation
- Franchise Agreement Review and Negotiation
- Business Entity Development
- Owner Agreements
- Lease Review and Negotiations
- Contract Drafting and Negotiations
- Franchise Transfers and Conversions
- Franchisee/Franchisor Relations & Dispute Resolution
Before you sign a franchise agreement, contact Lusthaus Law P.C. and get the skilled franchise counsel you need.
For existing franchisees in troubled franchise systems, Julie Lusthaus works to form associations and groups to level the playing field. Working together, franchisees can communicate more effectively with the franchisor, enhance leverage in negotiations with the franchisor, and have the potential to negotiate more favorable terms with outside vendors/contractors.
Our services include:
- Creation of the Association and Formation Documents
- Negotiations with the Franchisor
- Dispute Resolution of System-Wide Issues (e.g., advertising issues, renewal issues)
- Third-party Agreement Drafting and Negotiations
To receive the franchise counsel you need, before you sign your franchise agreement, call Lusthaus Law at 914-265-4100.