About Lusthaus Law
Julie Lusthaus is a business attorney whose practice focuses on franchise and general business matters. Julie represents a broad spectrum of franchised and independently owned businesses and their owners in all stages of growth. Julie’s clients operate businesses in various industries including restaurants (full-service, bakeries, cafés, delis, QSRs and juice bars), retail, hospitality, real estate, ﬁtness, recreation and family entertainment, business services, household and home improvement services, health care, education, childcare, pet services, printing, used clothing, senior care, residential and commercial cleaning, stafﬁng services and disaster restoration.
Julie is also a skilled litigator with many years’ experience representing business clients in state and federal courts as well as in arbitration and mediation.
EVENTS & SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
December 2020, Julie Lusthaus to speak at USA500 Series: Buy, Sell, or Hold: A Guide for Selling or Buying a Business
As a part of this seven seminar series, Julie Lusthaus will present in Session 6, entitled HOW TO PICK THE RIGHT DEAL STRUCTURE AND TERMS on Wednesday, December 9. Click Here for more information.
Franchise Law Overview for the General Practitioner in the COVID Era and Beyond Thursday, December 10, 2020 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. What you do not know about Franchise law may hurt you/your client. This 1 hour CLE will provide the general practitioner...
October 2020, Julie Lusthaus to speak at the American Bar Association 43rd Annual Forum on Franchising
Julie Lusthaus will speak at the American Bar Association 43rd Annual Forum on Franchising. Click the link below for more information. https://www.xpressreg.net/eReg/?ShowCode=FOFR1020
2020 marks Lusthaus’ seventh consecutive year honored as Legal Eagle. Click here to read more about this outstanding achievement.
On June 22, 2020, Julie Lusthaus was featured on The Boston Podcast. In the episode, titled Getting Back to Business? Julie Lusthaus and insurance professional Mike Laorenza talk about the future of business, sports and much more. Click the link below to listen....
Listen to host Eric Dye & Julie Lusthaus discuss the following questions: Tell us about your current work with Lusthaus Law PC.What is franchising?What advice would you give a business owner looking to expand his or her business...
At this year's 42nd Annual Forum on Franchising, Julie Lusthaus co-presented a workshop entitled "Buying and Selling a Franchised Business, Guiding a Franchisee through the Process." The presentation discussed: "Representing a client buying or selling an existing...
Learn how to leverage your expertise and leadership skills to launch your own profitable business from a highly qualified panel of business ownership experts including Julie Lusthaus on May 9th at 6pm. Register here:...
Lusthaus Law Founding Member Julie Lusthaus Wins 5th Franchise Times Legal Eagle Honors HARRISON, NY – Founder of franchise-focused law firm Lusthaus Law PC, Julie Lusthaus has been selected as a 2018 Legal Eagle by Franchise Times. This marks Lusthaus’ fifth...
Lusthaus Law's Julie Lusthaus Elected to second term on the governing committee of the American Bar Association Forum on Franchising
HARRISON, NY – Lusthaus Law P.C. is pleased to announce that Partner Julie Lusthaus has been elected to serve another three-year term on the Governing Committee of the American Bar Association Forum on Franchising as a Member-at-Large. The announcement is a further...
View More Speaking Engagements
- As a member of the Governing Committee of the American Bar Association Forum on Franchising, Julie Lusthaus will be attending the upcoming Franchise Forum in Palm Desert, California.
- June 2017, Julie Lusthaus attended the International Franchise Expo.
- June 2017, Franchise Law, Restaurant Law University, Westchester County Bar Association, White Plains, NY.
- April 2017, Franchise Times Magazine, Julie Lusthaus was named “Franchise Times Legal Eagle.” This represents Julie’s 4th consecutive year of recognition by the magazine as a top attorney in the field of franchising.
- November 2016, Plowing New Ground – Litigating Selected Disclosure Issues Beyond Item 19, Forum on Franchising, American Bar Association, Miami, FL.
- April 2016, Legal Considerations for New York Franchises, Westchester County Bar Association, Yonkers, NY.
- October 2015, Rescission: The Annulment of a Franchise Marriage, Forum on Franchising, American Bar Association, New Orleans, LA.
- April 2015, Clash of Counsel: Franchise Litigation and Dispute Resolution from the Perspective of Counsel for Franchisors and Franchisees, Moderator, Forum on Franchising, American Bar Association, Webinar.
- October 2014, Views From the Bench, Moderator, Forum on Franchising, American Bar Association, Seattle, WA.
- June 2014, Fundamentals of Franchising: Litigation and Franchise Relationship Laws, co-sponsored by the American Bar Association and New York Bar Association, New York, NY.
- October 2013, Fundamentals 201: Strategic Discovery Issues In Franchise Litigation, Forum on Franchising, American Bar Association, Orlando, FL.
- October 2011, The Franchisee Lawyer’s Checklist: What Every Franchisee Lawyer Should Know, Forum on Franchising, American Bar Association, Baltimore, MD.
- June 2010, Fundamentals of Franchising: Representing the Franchisee, co-sponsored by the American Bar Association Forum on Franchising and New York State Bar Association, New York, NY.
- October 2009, Is Franchising Abandoning Arbitration? Current Trends in Arbitrating Franchise Disputes, Forum on Franchising, American Bar Association, Toronto, Canada.
- May 2009, Full Steam Ahead: Tips and Traps in Drafting and Enforcing Boilerplate, International Franchise Association Legal Symposium, Washington D.C
ARTICLES AND BOOKS
- Are Franchisees Required to Use Designated Suppliers of Franchisors? – The Franchise Woman, March/April 2021
- Will Virtual Discovery Days Stick Around Beyond the Pandemic? – The Franchise Woman, January/February 2021
- Understanding Franchise Fees and Payments – The Franchise Woman, November/December 2020
- Ongoing Legal Compliance For Your Franchise Explained – The Franchise Woman, September/October 2020
- Should I Franchise My Tutoring Business Now? – The Franchise Woman, July/August 2020
- How COVID-19 is Impacting State Registration and Filing Deadlines for Franchisors? – The Franchise Woman, May/June 2020
- What is the Impact of Signing the FDD Receipt? – The Franchise Woman, March/April 2020
- Understanding Franchise Models – The Franchise Woman, January/February 2020
- What Does It Take to Be a Franchisor? – The Franchise Woman, November/December 2019
- Franchising: What Every Restauranteur Needs to Know, Westchester County Bar Association, 2017
- Fundamentals of Franchising, Chapter 8, Representing Franchisees, 4th ed., Forum on Franchising, American Bar Association, contributing author, 2015
- Member, American Bar Association Forum on Franchising, 2002 – Present
- Member, ABA Forum on Franchising Governing Committee, 2016 – Present
- Program Co-Chair, ABA Forum on Franchising Annual Forum, Nashville, TN, October 2018
- Director, Litigation and Dispute Resolution Division, ABA Forum on Franchising, 2013 – 2015
- Committee Member, ABA Forum on Franchising Litigation and Dispute Resolution Division, 2009 – 2012
- Co-Chair, ABA Forum on Franchising Women’s Caucus Breakfast, 2006
- Member, Westchester County Bar Association, 2015 – Present
- Member, WCBA Business & Commercial Law Committee, 2017 – Present
- Member, WCBA Hospitality Law Subcommittee, 2017 – Present
- Member, USA 500, 2016 – Present